Ingredients and Baking Instructions
- 1 package (4-serving size) instant vanilla or cheesecake-flavored pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces frozen dessert topping, thawed
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 jar (5 ounces) walnuts in syrup ice cream topping
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Specialty Bakers ladyfingers
Prepare pudding mix and the milk according to package directions. Fold in bananas, marshmallows and half the dessert topping; set aside.
Remove a few nice walnut pieces and 2 teaspoons of the syrup from the walnut ice cream topping; reserve for garnish. Combine the ¼ cup maple syrup with the walnut ice cream topping.
Arrange 12 ladyfinger halves, split side up, evenly over bottom of a 12-cup glass bowl or trifle bowl; drizzle with 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Pour half the pudding mixture into bowl; spread in an even layer. Drizzle with half the walnut mixture, being certain that some syrup shows along side of bowl. Arrange 12 ladyfinger halves on top, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon maple syrup, remaining pudding, remaining nut mixture, 12 ladyfinger halves and final tablespoon of maple syrup. Wrap and freeze remaining ladyfingers for another use.
Spread remaining 4 ounces of dessert topping evenly over top and garnish with reserved nuts and syrup. Cover and chill overnight.
Makes 12 to 15 servings