Ingredients and Baking Instructions
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (8 ounces) unsweetened baking chocolate, broken
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 1-1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup unsifted confectioners’ sugar
- Amaretto Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In medium saucepan combine egg yolks and sugar. Add milk and cornstarch. Stir briskly with wire whisk or fork until blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Boil softly 1 minute, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Add chocolate, stirring until melted and blended. Stir in Amaretto. Transfer to large bowl. Place plastic wrap directly onto surface. Cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, line bottom and side of 9 x 3-inch springform pan with ladyfinger halves, split sides up; set aside. In small mixing bowl whip cream and confectioners’ sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon and spread half of mixture into ladyfinger-lined pan. Top with remaining ladyfinger halves and chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Remove side of pan. Garnish with Amaretto Whipped Cream, raspberries and mint leaves just before serving.
- Amaretto Whipped Cream: In small mixing bowl whip 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream, 2 tablespoons unsifted confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon Amaretto and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
10 to 12 servings