Ingredients and Baking Instructions
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup blueberry fruit spread, warmed
- Line bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate with ladyfinger halves, split sides up. Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and continue baking additional 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, process cottage cheese in blender or food processor on high until smooth. Add cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Process on high until smooth. In small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand 3 minutes to soften. Heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, blending well. Pour into medium bowl. Refrigerate until almost set, 1½ to 2 hours.
- Stir with wire whisk or fork until smooth. Spoon into cooled crust. Spoon warm fruit spread in small dollops onto filling. Gently pull knife through fruit spread to create marbled effect. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.