Ingredients and Baking Instructions
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1-quart (4 cups) cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin orange sections, drained
- 6 mint sprigs for garnish
- Separate 18 ladyfinger halves; place split side down on baking sheet. Bake at 350o for 6 to 8 minutes until brown and crisp; turn ladyfingers over after 4 minutes. Crush 12 of the toasted ladyfingers to make coarse crumbs; set the rest aside. Wrap remaining ladyfingers appropriately and freeze for another use.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange rind in saucepan. Stir in espresso. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat and stir in brandy. Cool to lukewarm.
- In each of 6 parfait glasses (1-cup capacity) layer ice cream, oranges slices, ice cream, ladyfinger crumbs and ice cream. Parfaits can be frozen at this point for as long as one hour. Just before serving, spoon about 2 tablespoons warm sauce over each parfait. Stand a ladyfinger half in each, with an orange segment and a mint sprig at the base.