Ingredients and Baking Instructions
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Lightly spray 13 x 9-inch pan with vegetable cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with ladyfinger halves, split sides up. Spoon and spread pie filling over ladyfingers in pan; set aside.
- In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter or margarine, and cornstarch until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add condensed milk, beating well after each addition. Beat in egg and vanilla. Pour evenly over pie filling in pan. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (Bars will not test done). Cool completely. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
About 2-1/2 dozen