- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping
- ¾ cup quick oatmeal (not instant)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for garnish
Line bottom of lightly greased 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish with 36 ladyfinger halves, split surface upward. A few of the ladyfingers may be broken and used to fill empty spaces. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter; set aside.
While still in the can, use a knife to cut through pie filling until apples are finely chopped. Combine pie filling, cranberries, coconut, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, nutmeg and ice cream topping. Spread mixture evenly over top the ladyfingers; set aside.
Crumble remaining 12 ladyfinger halves and combine with oatmeal, brown sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, pecans and remaining melted butter. Scatter crumbs evenly over the apple mixture; lightly press into place.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes until lighly browned and firm on top. Cool completely on rack before cutting into squares. Garnish each serving with dollops of whipped cream or ice cream.