- 1 can (1 lb.) whole cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup diced unpared Golden Delicious Apple
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 maraschino cherries with stems for garnish
Stir cranberry sauce, nuts, brown sugar, gingerroot, cardamom and apple pieces together in large bowl. Fold in one container (8 ounces) whipped topping; set aside.
Arrange a layer of 12 ladyfinger halves; split side up, in the bottom of a 3½-quart trifle dish or glass bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons sherry. Spread the following in even layers on top of ladyfingers (note: all layers should be visible from outside of bowl); one third of remaining whipped topping, half the cranberry mixture, 12 ladyfinger halves drizzled with 2 tablespoons sherry, another third of the topping, remaining cranberry mixture, 12-14 ladyfinger halves drizzled with 2 tablespoons sherry and remaining whipped topping. Cover and chill overnight. Wrap remaining ladyfingers in plastic food wrap and store in freezer for another use.
Place three maraschino cherries in center of trifle before serving.
10 to 12 servings