- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Specialty Bakers ladyfingers
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) 3/4 cup fresh lemon
- 6 egg yolks
- 1-teaspoon fresh lemon zest (grated peel)
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Lemon slices for garnish
Lightly spray 9 x 3-inch spring form pan with vegetable cooking spray. Line bottom with ladyfinger halves, split sides up. Line side with ladyfinger halves, split sides in. (To prevent over-browning, cut ladyfingers so they are even with top of pan.) Set aside.
In large mixing bowl beat condensed milk, lemon juice, egg yolks and lemon zest until blended and thick, about 3 minutes. In separate bowl, using clean beaters whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff but not dry. Fold into lemon mixture. Pour into ladyfinger-lined pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and partially set. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Remove side of pan. Arrange additional ladyfingers in star design on top. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with lemon slices just before serving.
10 to 12 servings